Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hee-Haw!! This is Grrrrrrr-ific!!

Ev and I have had some good Mommy-daughter time this weekend, while Daddy has been away at study groups preparing for exams this week. I noticed while we've been playing, swinging, riding around, that she has a few new "Ev-isms" that absolutely CRACK. ME. UP. 

I'm thinking she learned to say, "Yee-Haw" from the new Disney Jr. cartoon Sheriff Callie (a cat and her friends in the Wild West), but from Ev, it comes out as, "Hee-Haw!!!!"

Her other new favorite saying is, "This'll be Grrrrrrr-ific!" (Terrific). The best is when she uses them together:

"Hee-Haw!! This'll be Grrrr-ific!"

I hope she doesn't figure out how to say them correctly anytime soon :-)

But while we're celebrating things being "Grrr-ific!!" I would like to celebrate the fact that I am FINALLY in the second trimester of this pregnancy with Baby Frith #2! We turned 13 weeks this week, and I am sooooo thankful to be feeling better. I've gotten my appetite back (two-fold) so that I'm not as picky as I have been about what I can eat. I know Conan is grateful, too. I've been sleeping a little better (even though the bathroom breaks are frequent -- at least 5 or 6 times a night -- I am at least able to fall back asleep quickly). The nausea finally passed about Week 11, and I got my energy back so that I have been able to workout about 5 days a week. I've been alternating days running 3.5 or 4 miles with days of light weights for arms, a leg/butt routine of squats, lunges, etc., or on some days, yoga. I really pray that I can keep going as long as I did last time, because this time I am growing much faster than last time!

I notice that things are happening a lot faster this time in general. My tummy is growing faster, I'm already feeling the round ligament growing pains, and I have felt the baby moving much sooner. I have been feeling occasional flips and turns since Week 10! I suppose that's because I knew how to recognize the movements this time. 

We have an ultrasound scheduled for May 19 to learn the sex of the baby. I keep thinking this one is also a girl, but maybe that's because all I know is a little girl! We shall see!

I am not sure if Evelyn understands that we are having a baby yet. I ask her if she wants a little sister or brother, and she changes her mind every couple of days. One day, she told me that she wants a "little sister named Theodore" -- like on Alvin and the Chipmunks. Another day, I told her Mommy has a BABY in her tummy. She pulled up her little shirt and pointed at her own tummy: "I have a BIG ONE," she said. 

Easter is coming up this week, and we are looking forward to an Easter egg hunt at school, dressing her up in her beautiful Easter dress that Aunt Von sent her, and having Meme, Papa, Pops and Gammy up on next Sunday to celebrate Easter with us. 

We are also looking forward to a beach trip in three weeks with Aunt B, Uncle Jay, Gammy and Pops. One whole week at the beach -- we will be in heaven!!!! I have been trying to find some adorable bathing suits for Little Miss to wear at the beach, and I will have to find some new ones for myself too, since both my tummy and my chest have grown alot already! 

I cannot believe my appetite already this early in the pregnancy. I literally have to snack every two to three hours (even at night). I suppose part of that is because I am really getting in some good workouts, so naturally I need to replenish those calories I burned. I'm trying to focus on healthy snacks (I eat a lot of carrot sticks, apple slices, mixed nuts, graham crackers, shredded wheat) with the not so good snacks (I've been a little addicted to Baked Doritos and Chocolate Chip Muffins). I've been getting in a smoothie every day, to make sure I get plenty of fruits and veggies, as well.

All in all, things are going very well so far in this pregnancy, and I hope that continues. I'm ready to start feeling more movements, and to learn what we're having, so I can begin calling this baby by name and feel more attached to him/her! 

I finally told my work my good news this week, and am feeling relieved that it's out in the open.

More later, and I promise to take a picture this week!

XO,

Ames

No comments: