So, I was trying on a bathing suit for Conan the other night, since we are getting ready to go on a cruise next week, and he pays me this compliment: "You don't even look pregnant; you just look like you've drank a lot of beer." Awesome! Hopefully on the cruise, they won't just assume they should bring me out my own personal bucket o' beer every morning when we show up to the pool. 'Cause I might be a leeeeetle tempted.
Like my beer belly? (Belch.) This is 17 weeks, 2 days:
Please pardon my skankiness in these photos; I'd just finished a jog when I remembered thou shalt not skip two weeks of belly pictures in a row.
Seriously, though, I know Conan was just poking fun about the beer belly. But I *am* growing faster these past two weeks than ever before, and my appetite is scaring me! I bought a sundress two weeks ago from TJ Maxx that now has to go back. Before I could even wear it, I grew out of it! The fabric stretches a little too noticeably in the chest area, and I'm not trying to look like one of those girls who's in denial about what size of clothing she really wears.
So the appetite -- it's seriously picked up. I need carbohydrates every hour and a half to two hours, or my stomach is growling. I'm not complaining! Eating is great fun for me; it's just shocking to feel so insatiable, so often! I am officially addicted to peanut butter... soooo good on graham crackers or on a bagel with honey. I try to limit myself to two servings a day, because let's face it, there's a whole lotta fat in two tablespoons of peanut butter. But I could seriously eat just PB&J's for every meal and be quite content.
I'm still working out daily, and feel very lucky to not have experienced any soft joints while jogging (yet). I'm sure it's coming, but for the time being, I am enjoying the heck out of my daily leisurely jogs on the new treadmill Conan and I bought for the house. I believe running on the treadmill has helped lessen the impact on my joints, compared to running outside on the pavement and sidewalks. I've slowed down a good bit for safety's sake, to keep my heart rate around 150-160. I'm running an 11:30 mile these days (used to run a 7:30 to 8!) but it's all good. I'm just blessed to still be clocking in 2 to 3.5 miles a day while I can.
I found some awesome light weight programs on Fitbie.msn.com for arms and legs that I can do here at the house with our new Bowflex weights and bench.
Here are some of my favorites for arms:
Reverse fly: http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/reverse-fly-women
Standing dumbbell curl: http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/standing-dumbbell-curl-women
Dumbbell cross-jab: http://fitbie.msn.com/workout/get-sleek-sexy-arms/exercise/3
Dumbbell shoulder press: http://fitbie.msn.com/workout/sculpt-sexy-arms/exercise/2
Plank row (adapted -- I do these on my knees): http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/plank-row-women
Overhead tricep extensions (I do these sitting): http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/dumbbell-overhead-triceps-extension-women
And here are some of my favorites for legs:
Dumbbell step-ups: http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/8-exercises-firm-butt-and-thighs/slide/7
Side-to-side leg swings: http://fitbie.msn.com/workout/short-shorts-workout/exercise/2
Reverse dumbbell lunge: http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/reverse-dumbbell-lunge-men
Dumbbell deadlift: http://fitbie.msn.com/exercise/dumbbell-deadlift-women
Now, I know I won't be able to do all of these forever (i.e., deadlift), but for the time being, I am super comfortable doing them with light weights (5-10 lbs.) Hope you will check some of them out!
On a last few happy notes, I have discovered that Dr. Christen was RIGHT! My bladder has eased up on me a little bit. Not entirely, but it's better. Although I am not exactly sure why? And, I am happy to announce that I have finally made it all the way through the chapters about labor in my Pregnancy Bible book. Haha! Took me a while to brave those pages, and it wasn't an easy read! But I feel much better, even more prepared, having educated myself about what to expect. Over the next 5 months, I'll be psyching myself up for what I imagine is going to be the most challenging physical competition I've ever been in... and I'm hoping by the time I am finally allowed to push, I will put on my game face and make it happen, baby!
4 comments:
Wow! Your doing plank rows! That is great. All of this will make your delivery a breeze! Love MAMA FRITH
You are so adorable. You don't look like you drank beer, lol! I'm ready for you to start showing sister! Haha. I know, I know, I remember my first pregnancy and feeling like I was poking out all over the place, but to everyone else I wasn't showing...yet. Love, love, love <3
Nice one Conan! :) You are so cute and look great! Keep it up! Have a wonderful trip, soak up every minute!! Oh btw, on another note, the yummy mexican place we went to in Scottsdale has now opened a franchise in Destin! Yep! Trey freaked out last weekend when we saw it. We're going back next weekend so I have a feeling we'll be making a visit there. :)
Whatever, your belly is STILL smaller than mine, lol!!! I hope ya'll have a super fun time on your cruise!! Girl, you are going to DIE at all the yummy deliciousness they have to eat on your cruise!! Please don't forget my vanilla :-) Glad your bladder has eased up, enjoy it!! LOVE you!!
Post a Comment