Monday, July 9, 2012

7 Months Old, 8 Months Old!!


"They grow up so fast."

"They" must have told me this a million times when Evelyn was brand-new and in her early infancy, but Whoa, Nelly! I never could've believed how things have sped up in the past two months of her life!

Months 6 and 7 have been a-MAZING. I really cannot believe how much fun we've had, and how much more I love my little Evie Bear every month that passes. When she was so, so tiny and I couldn't believe back then how much I loved her and how precious she was, I distinctly remember my sweet friend Randi saying, "It only gets better and better," and me thinking, "There is no flippin' way!"

But it's so true. Evelyn only gets more amazing every day, and I am so proud of my baby girl. She is hitting milestone after milestone, and I think that's what makes it seem like time is flying so quickly! (Besides, she is getting heavier and longer by the week!)

At 6 and a half months, Ev starting pulling herself up into sitting position from being on her tummy. As soon as she could pull herself up into sitting position on her own, she was doing it CONSTANTLY. In the middle of the night, I'd hear her in her crib bouncing up and down and playing because she'd sat up all by herself. Those were sleepless nights, trying to get her to lay back down -- all she wanted to do was sit up!

Around that same time, 6 and a half months, she was starting to creep. It started one day when I left her on the living room rug to walk into the kitchen for 2 minutes, and I came back to her sitting 4 feet away holding her Daddy's XBOX 360 controller (No Ma'am!!!!). A few days later, she'd creeped all the way over to the vacuum cleaner while we were packing for the big move to Alabama, and there she was gnawing on the cord. A week later at Mom and Dad's house in Montgomery, I left the room for seconds, and heard "Heh hehhhhh!" She was under the coffee table, folded over under the bottom shelf so that I had to lift the entire coffee table up to get her out.

At 7 and a half months, she was rocking on her hands and knees, and then daycare told us she had started to crawl a few scoots here and there. And then on July 4, just 4 days before turning 8 months old, Evelyn asserted her Independence and crawled clear across our bedroom, her Daddy shouting to me in the other room, "BABE SHE IS TAKING OFF!!!!" 


I caught her second crawl on video. Can you tell I was excited? :)



We cheered and we cheered. And then we cried and we cried. (Just kidding.)

Now that Evelyn is mobile, can you guess what is her favorite thing to chase? Or WHO, I should say?

If you guessed her Big Sister Daisy Duddles, you would be correct. Daisy the dog is Evelyn's new favorite -- before Mommy -- and even before Daddy these days. Ev can be in the middle of a fit, in full tears, and if Daisy comes in the room, her demeanor changes immediately:

"HUH! HUH!" she tells Daisy.

She wants Daisy dog's collar with the clinking, shiny tags so bad, she can't stand it. And her tail and her bunny-soft ears, too. We try to teach Ev to be "gentle, gentle," but she has no clue about gentle. So instead we spend our energy on telling Daisy, "GOOD GIRL, DAISY! GOOOOOOD GIIIIIRL" for being so patient and understanding with her little baby sister Evelyn. If Daisy has enough, she just gets up and walks away, bless her heart.... (and Ev is on track not far behind her).

Besides becoming mobile, Evelyn has only become more personable and social as well. My baby does not meet a stranger, and wants to be friends with everyone (unless you are a dark headed and loud talking male, in which case you get the furrowed brow and the desperate "Hehhhhhhh!" squeal as she clings to Mom.) But anyone else is a new friend! On a plane ride, in the grocery store, in a restaurant, she will "talk" to anyone and everyone, and if you try to ignore her, she will keep on yelling out to you, with her feet just a' kicking and arms waving, until you look, smile and speak to her, goshdarnit!

Right at 7 and a half months, she started waving bye-bye with her little hand instead of her whole arm, and saying, "Ba-ba, Ba-ba!" The way she flicks her little wrist is so prissy and cute, I just die. She is also VERY big on clapping lately, and applauds herself for most anything she does -- crawling, playing her piano, you name it. And she is very complimentary of others as well, applauding Daddy when he plays guitar, and Mommy when she waters the roses, dances or sings. You would think I had the most beautiful voice in the world with the way she lights up when I sing... I will just enjoy it for now until the day she can tell me with brutal honesty, "Mommy, Aunt Bunny sings much better than you."


Evelyn continues to love music, singing and dancing. We just bought her first piano that has a microphone attached. She plays music and picks up that microphone and "sings" into it, then claps for herself. Sometimes when she hears music or Mommy shows her how to dance (holding my hands above my head like a ballerina and singing, "De de de de de,") she will mimic me and dance like a ballerina herself.... I die, she's so cute!



I have taught her to blow kisses, too, but I can't get her to do them for other people yet -- just me and Daddy when we're alone. I did capture it on video, though, so here is my proof! (Be sure to watch to the end.)




I feel like I can't count all of the cute things she does...  Smiling the BIGGEST smiles when she swings in the backyard... Bouncing, squealing and kicking her little legs when you hold her and dance with her in your arms... Calling out, "BAH? BAH?!" in the mornings so I will come and get her...sitting up and bouncin' up and down on that booty on the floor, or on the bed... ALWAYS bouncing!






This age is so much fun, and I sometimes think how unfair it is that she has to be so much fun NOW, when I just put her in daycare full-time. Sigh.... but unfortunately that is the way it has to be since Mommy has a full-time job, and my responsibilities at work only seem to grow. I know with her being mobile and extra active, I could never pull off working full-time with her at home, and I also know it's good for her to socialize with other babies and her teachers at daycare. She seems to have a full and adventurous day every day! She only takes two 30-minute naps while she is there, which blows my MIND because it seems like she just goes nonstop. She has been sleeping like a champ at night from about 9 pm to 7 am, except on nights when her allergies are messing with her, and those are rough nights for us both :(

But the once-in-a-while difficult nights are easily forgotten in all of the fun and sweetness. I love absolutely every little thing about you, Evelyn Frith. The way when you are really, really happy, you shrug your little shoulders up by your cheeks and stuff your hand in your mouth with a huge smile...  the way you fake cough to get attention, just like I did when I was a baby... the way you reach out to touch someone's face with your chubby, dimpled, curious little hand... and especially the way you smile as big as the sun whenever I come into the room. No matter how long or how short a time I've been gone.

Love,

Mommy

Month 6 Pictures...

A champ at holding that bottle "like a big girl!"

Sleeping off 6 month shots :( 

Ev FINALLY loves her solids!



Aunt Rossi came to visit just before we moved back to Alabama!


That's a whole lotta Evelyn to tote around!




Oh how I love that chubby arm... and she HAS to sleep with her babies now!






Always clap-clap-clapping feet!

"Good job, all by dou-self!"




One of our last pictures together before leaving our first home in Washington State.




Gimme dat grass
Sean came to visit before we left WA, too. "I gonna get you Unca Sean!"

6 and a half months old, and wanting to crawl so bad... but those chubby legs and tummy make it kinda difficult!

I will get this -- any day now, Mama!

growling lol




I should be seeping, not paying with my feets....
Is I in trouble?

Nooo, I's not in trouble :)



De-de-de-de dancin'....

Well, see, Mom, what happened was.....





 Month 7 Pictures....

Crazy baby loves lemons!


"Splish splash" is her favorite!





Stop checking my diaper, Ma!

All three of us confused...


Jokes with Aunt Bunny









Father's Day with Grandpa June 2012

Payin with Grammy

Favorite! Daisy Duddles



Love my Pops




Got your iPhone!





clap clap clap

blowing kisses

muah!

Happy in Alabama


Goodnight Meme



First time falling asleep while eating <3

4th of July visit from Grammy and Pops!

First visit to Buffalo Wild Wings lol







I always falls asleep in my swing...


Happy Fourth of July!













3 comments:

MRS Anoskey said...

She is sooo beautiful and precious Amy! I'm sooo happy for you! I'm in love with the little crab outfit and the sunflower dress w/headband.. how cute!

Moira Walker said...

Love, love, love these! That little ghost under the covers & blowing kisses! How precious she is! Thank you for keeping this blog going, I love being able to see all the pictures and videos of little Evie-loo! She is so darling!

Boof said...

That baby's eyes LITERALLY sparkle! She is sooooo beautiful and I am so glad you guys are back home with all your wonderful family around to share her! Love the videos!