Saturday, March 5, 2011

End of Week 5: Some Changes Are Taking Place!

Just thought I would jot down a few notes on Week 5 of my pregnancy... which feels like Week ONE to me, since I have only known I'm pregnant for 7 days now!

Week 5 was exciting! I will never forget the reactions of my parents, parents-in-law, siblings, and a few close friends as I shared the news with them. I feel very special to be bringing this many people together to love one, little tiny unborn child who is going to become a very big part of all of our worlds in the coming year. I've been given an enormous gift, and I feel like I'm helping give one to so many other people. It's an incredibly special feeling.

Physically, I've already experienced some changes this week. My breasts are already tender and noticeably swelling. My lower abdomen is bloating out a bit, like I feel as if I can't suck in my stomach. I am warm all over, feeling flushed, and my heart rate has skyrocketed. This has kept me from falling asleep very easily for the past five nights or so. And, I have been unable to stay asleep and have been waking up at the crack of dawn each day (so not like me!). I've woken up tired every day this week, but I've made sure to take an afternoon nap to make up for it.

My hair has gotten super oily, but my skin is making up for it... My skin looks AMAZING!! Conan comments on it every day, and I just pray, pray, pray it stays this way throughout the pregnancy (and afterward!) I am not breaking out at all, and my skin tone is smoothing out and is nice and toned. Since I've had trouble skin my entire life, this makes me SO HAPPY! Thank you little baby!

In the gym, I have felt fantastic. I've been active every single day this week, whether it was jogging, stair climbing, weight lifting, or walking. The 45 minutes to an hour that I spend in the gym are the best that I feel all day. I feel comfortable with the level of effort I've been putting forth in the gym this week, burning an average of 400-450 calories per a 45- to 60-min workout each day.

I've been taking my prenatal vitamins, DHA, extra Vitamin D, drinking Resveratrol and V8, and eating another few servings of fruits and vegetables. I've been drinking my milk and eating lean meats. I feel happy with this good start!

1 comment:

joycoon said...

I am so happy to be one of the people you shared your special news with!! You will notice lots of changes in your body. Your skin/hair/nails will probably be the most beautiful and healthiest its ever been. Idk if you clog up the shower with hair or not (sorry I know thats gross but bear with me) but I do normally, however when I was preggers I didn't at all. The secret is in the prenatal vitaims!! I wish I could see you in person, I know you are just glowing!! Love you!!